Information on Module Enrolment
- Modules are enrolled subject to timetabling constraints. Students are not permitted to take clashing modules i.e. where there is a timetable clash with another module. Neither module/tutorial will be registered on your record until the clashing is resolved with the relevant academic department(s)/school.
- A full academic year is equivalent to 60 ECTS. Full year students are expected to take a minimum of 45 ECTS and single term students a minimum of 20-30 ECTS.
- The Academic Registry is responsible for the administrative process of module registration only. Any queries in relation to course content, course requirement or clashes should be directed to the relevant academic school.
- Students must obtain the signed approval of the relevant coordinator in each academic area in respect of each module.
- If you register for a module and do not withdraw officially by the submission deadline you will receive a mark of ABSENT on your Trinity transcript.
- Module enrolment for Semester 2 will open with the Visiting Student Enrolment Fair in Goldsmith Hall on the 17th of January, and continue until the 30th January at the Academic registry Service Desk in the Watts Building.
Application Process for Module Enrolment and Submission of the Form
1. Review modules in advance of selection in the Module Directory below.
2. Print the Module Enrolment Form
3. Input module choices based on module titles and codes in the Module Directory.
4. Bring the completed form to each of the relevant school(s) for sign off by the coordinator(s). You can discuss any of the modules at the relevant School Meetings (timetabled below).
5. Bring your completed and signed forms to the Academic Registry, Watts Building between 9:00AM – 2:00PM, between January 17th-30th, 2020.
6. If there are no clashes, your selected modules will appear on your my.tcd.ie portal timetable and Blackboard within 48 hours of submission. Please log onto your my.tcd.ie portal and verify that you are registered on the correct modules.