Sport in the School
As well as the requisite PE classes delivered to students, additional sporting activities go on in the form of:
- Gaelic Football: Boys and Girls (including GAA led coaching sessions)
- Soccer and Soccer Blitzes
Students have also participated on occasion in:
- Cross Country Athletics
- Rugby Training and Inter-School Blitzes
- Hurling Training
- Badminton Tournaments
We have had numerous successes in various competitions over the years including:
- All Ireland Badminton Finals
- Basketball Northwest Winners
- Senior Boys Connacht Champions (Gaelic)
- Senior Girls Connacht Champions (Gaelic)
- Lidl Athlete Mentor Programme
- Ireland’s Fittest Mixed School, Irish Health Fitness Challenge 2018
Transition Year students have organised A School Sport’s Day in recent years as a project for the Sky Sports Partnership. Transition Year also provides an opportunity for various sporting activities including hiking, kayaking, coasteering, Couch-to-5K.
There are also annual walks and cycles organised including the walk to work and bike to work initiatives.
Girls Aloud is an annual activity-based class for junior girls that takes place after school and is comprised of fun fitness activities.